Region and duty station:
Western Himalayas, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand
Project / assignment duration:
Short-term intermittent input with some flexibility;
Total 50 working days
Estimated project start:
AHT has been invited by the GIZ (German Corporation for International Cooperation) to submit a proposal for developing a framework for the implementation of the landscape Project approach for managing Forest Ecosystem Services for the Western Himalayas. The assignment will be part of the larger Sustainable Management of Forest Ecosystem Services project. It will be an intermittent assignment, starting in February 2023 and should be completed in December 2023.
The assignment will implement the following tasks:
- Selection of two landscapes, one in Himachal Pradesh (in Kangra or Shimla Districts) and one in Uttarakhand (in Dehradun or Nainital Districts); the landscapes should be representative for the landscapes of the states;
- Identify best practices for implementation of the landscape approach. Conduct stakeholder mapping and consultations in the selected districts, review external aid projects, review institutional arrangements and stakeholder roles, review relevant policies and guidelines, and draft a strategy and institutional arrangements for testing the landscape approach;
- Develop an (institutional) framework for implementing the landscape approach for sustainable ecosystem services in the selected landscapes to enable cross-sectoral convergences and cooperation among stakeholders;
- Develop an awareness raising strategy and conduct three awareness workshops in each selected landscape for policy makers and relevant practitioners;
- Compile findings and experiences in a recommendation for implementing the landscape approach for the sustainable management of ecosystem services. Water resources are one of the priority ecosystem services to be included.
- Develop suitable framework and strategy for implementation of landscape approach for the assignment in consultation with international and national experts.
- The expert (m/f/d) should travel to the target districts for field work.
- Conduct and oversee the assessment and consultations in both of the states.
- Regular reporting to Team Leader (International Expert)
University qualification (Ph.D./Master) in natural resource management, landscape ecology, forestry, environmental sciences, rural development, economics, development studies, social sciences or related discipline.
Country / regional experience:
India, preferably Western Himalayas
Good business language skills in English
Expertise / profile:
- Several years of professional experience in natural resource management, forestry, rural development projects;
- Several years of professional experience in participatory approaches for planning and management, landscape planning and management, forest management;
- Some years of management /leadership experience as project team leader (m/f/d) or manager (m/f/d) in a company.
Please contact vacancies(at)aht-group.com to express your interest and to send your CV. For further questions you may contact Mr. Servi Nabuurs, Servi.Nabuurs(at)aht-group.com.