Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Project Lead, Azerbaijan
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Project Lead for an anticipated program in Azerbaijan funded by USAID.
The Project Lead will serve as the representative for all aspects of the program including oversight of technical activities, administration, human resources, and finances. They will lead the technical team in designing the technical and operational strategy, developing the program work plan, and driving implementation of program activities. Additionally, they will monitor progress to ensure program goals and reporting requirements are met on time and within budget and ensure compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position is envisioned to be based in Azerbaijan.
- Lead the overall strategic planning, implementation, and management of the program
- Establish administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the goals and objectives of the program
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results, and guide program implementation to achieve maximum impact
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Prepare and supervise the development of work plans, reports, financial documents, logistical matters, and others, in coordination with the home office as needed
- Oversee the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDI/VOCA's accounting principles and USAID regulations
- Manage relationships with counterparts at various levels of government and the private sector, including Ministries, research institutions, financial institutions, NGOs, producer associations, and stakeholders from international assistance projects
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Azerbaijan and country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to develop an effective integrated approach of program components, participants, government actors, private sector partners, and other stakeholders
- Manage a team of technical experts to ensure that cross-cutting issues, including gender and social inclusion, are effectively integrated into all components of the project implementation in alignment with the programs’ results framework
- Develop systems that support collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), including establishing a culture of adaptive management
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, rural development, finance, or relevant field is required; master’s degree is desired.
- 8 years of experience in agriculture, food security, climate smart agriculture, rural development, enterprise development, or related field.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, international donors, non-government organizations, financial institutions, and agriculture and private sector stakeholders.
- Experience with USAID programming in Azerbaijan preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Azerbaijani nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.