Operations Officer – TOR
Location: Based in Amman, Jordan / Tunis, Tunisia
Reporting Manager: Director, Finance & Admin
Start date: ASAP
Type: Full time
Remuneration: $1,000 - $1,600 per month, depending on level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specialises in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. We implement programmes across the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and Asia regions, using the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and the private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media, and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
MAGENTA’s team operates across multiple regions and countries on a range of projects that include research, strategy development, SBC intervention implementation, and evaluation. We currently operate in Asia, Africa, Middle East, and Latin America
Magenta is made up of four business units and three departments: Middle East, Asia, Africa, Latin America, Finance & Admin, Growth & Marketing and Technical & Programme. This role will be part of the Finance & Admin department and will be focused on supporting operational requirements of the regional teams.
The position will work under the guidance of the Finance & Admin Director and Operations Manager for all Operations tasks and work collaboratively as part of the Finance & Admin Department. The role is suitable for an exceptional individual who is a fast learner, dynamic, organised, and eager to continuously find ways to make things more efficient and productive for the MAGENTA team.a
The Operations Officer will be leading on all operations tasks, supporting other departments also as required.
People and Culture
- Recruitment - full lifecycle of recruitment of new staff
- Onboarding – Contracting, deployment and onboarding of new staff.
- Management of offboarding of Staff
- Robust management of P&C policies and systems
- Manage and track procurement requests in line with procurement policy
- Promote excellent value for money with all purchases
- Maintain the vendor and contract databases ensuring information is upto date.
- Risk manage vendor agreements through advice to contract Approvers.
- Robust management of Procurement policies and systems
- Manage the travel process, including travel budgeting, flight booking, accommodation booking, creating travel information forms, visas etc.
- Other appropriate administrative requirements as the request of the Team leads.
- Maintain Records of Company Assets
- Ensure that project knowledge is upto date, accurate and at a high quality.
- Work with Project Team Leads to ensure that requirements are known.
- Support in operational requirements of proposal developments.
Requirements & Competencies
- Jordanian or Tunisian nationals
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- 1 – 3 years professional experience.
- Excellent written and spoken Englis Arabic, French, or Spanish are a plus.
- Technological and software fluency, include Office 365.
- A high-level strategic thinker, with a keen desire to learn and consume new information;
- Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
- Willingness to live, work and travel in developing/post-crisis settings;
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
- Comfortable in multi-cultural settings
- MAGENTA has a flexible working policy which promotes periods of remote working in the year
- May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
MAGENTA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Apply before 17 Feb 2023. Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation here. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance MAGENTA’s work.