You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Provide HR management at national level in accordance with procedures laid down in the mission and AAH guidelines for provision of the optimum support for the programs.
Key activities in your role will include
Focal point for all HR issues in Khartoum.
Vouch for ACH Sudan HR policy implementation and respect.
Management of all HR process in Sudan in general (recruitment, hiring, follow-up…)
Objective 1: HR Policy implementation and management:
- Act as a focal point regarding all HR procedures, especially regarding internal regulations application.
- Connection and contact person between ACH Sudan employees, Labor Office and HAC Staff Khartoum, as well as other ACH base in White Nile, South Kordofan, Central Darfor and Blue Nile.
- In charge of implementing HR policy in Sudan according to top management instructions.
- Ensuring that the current HR processes properly follow the ACH Sudan internal regulations and procedures.
- Make sure adequate conflict solving mechanisms can be set up in case of quarrels between different employees.
- Follow up on allegations and/or breaches and misconducts of staff. Conduct needed assessments and investigations for respective cases
- Implement ACH Sudan disciplinary measure procedures and take actions as needed
- Responsible for the Bases’ HR issues (Base admin, HoB, Staff) in respect of AAH HR policy under the - - supervision of Administrative Coordinator and in consultation with Regional Director
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection and placement of newly-hired employees
- Train newly-hired employees in Administration (Base Admin, HoB, Coordinators) on ACF HR policy
Objective 2: Provide HR Management:
- Be responsible for updates of HR database in mission and archive the hard copies in capital, scan and upload in HRIS as soon as the contract signed .
- Make sure staff information are updated in ACH HR management system and all required documents are uploaded on timely manner.
- Make sure all necessary data such as bonuses or taxes are included on the staff database.
- On a monthly basis, check salary slips and supervise salary payments Sudan staff.
- Be responsible for follow-up of salary taxes in close contact with Finance Department.
- Make sure every employee is working under contract and receive proper amendment to his contract in due time.
- Review and update the Job Descriptions with the support direct managers
- Prepare AAH’s employment contracts, amendments and final clearance for Khartoum Offices and follow up with bases.
- Responsible that every new employee signs job description, contract, IR and other relevant documentation - Support the implementation of timesheet at the mission level
- Closely follow up of leaves and overtime and alert administration, head of base, supervisors and Regional - Director when financial / legal risks are detected
- Update the staff list for the health/accident insurance for the mission
- Prepare the salary payrolls and the calculation of the final clearance.
- Calculate monthly payroll related payments (salaries, health insurance and related taxes, etc..) AAH Sudan employees liaise with health insurance service providers
- Procure and renew expatriate official authorization, i.e., work permit and professional visa
- Calculate monthly payment of perdiem and allowances to the mission expats
- Support staff departure (check remaining leave days, check with logistics that equipment is returned, etc..)
- Send expatriates advance and return sheets to HQ as per need
- Book flight tickets of transportation for office staff /expatriates
Objective 3: Provide, monitor and analyze HR indicators
- Optimize the HR response by analyzing indicators, making recommendations, and providing information updates
- Compile HR statistics and propose recommendations to the Administrative Coordinator and CD
- Send mission HR update data on monthly basis to HQ
- Produce reports, whenever required by headquarters, authorities, and funding bodies
- Consolidating the organizational chart of the mission and upload it on a regular basis on SharePoint
Objective 4: Participate in Capacity Building activities for local partners on HR issues
- Assist and train local partners to implement HR policies
-Provide the guidance on correct payroll procedures
-Update relevant HR section on SharePoint regularly
Objective 5: Liaison with HQ HR Focal Point:
- Ensure a regular flow of communication between Sudan and HQ HR focal point regarding all HR issues (recruitment, contracts, etc) and make sure that all original documents archived in capital and uploaded in HR IS.
- Make sure all information regarding HR movements like promotion, resignation or dismissal are reported documented and archived.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
Knowledege in HR Management
Experience of three (3) years in the field of Human Resources is compulsory.
NGO experience is an advantage
Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic
Excellent communication skills
Ability to operate in deadline driven environment
Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality, as well as good understanding of Safeguarding
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network:
Salary: according to Action Against Hunger salary scale and according to candidate’s previous experience.
Based in: Khartoum