EnCompass LLC is seeking a Senior Knowledge Management & Learning (KM&L) Manager to serve as a champion and catalyst to spur on a culture of learning and knowledge sharing. The Senior KM & Learning Manager leads implementation of the KM strategy, architecture, and processes to ensure that KM is embedded into EnCompass work routines and that staff have ready access to the knowledge and information they need to engage effectively and efficiently in their work.
The Senior KM & Learning Manager is responsible for overseeing all knowledge management-related initiatives, including establishing guidelines around managing, capturing, sharing, and accessing knowledge assets. They work closely with key stakeholders across the company to optimize the usage of the organization’s knowledge assets, maintain consistency, and align the KM strategy with the company’s business strategy and KM vision. The Senior KM & Learning Manager works with Talent Management to provide training, onboarding, and coaching related to all KM matters.
The Senior KM & Learning Manager provides expert guidance to EnCompass management and staff teams to maximize knowledge capture and sharing, ensuring that best practices and latest technologies and methods are employed strategically and routinely. They monitor and evaluate knowledge management activities, advise on new strategies, course-corrections, risks, and areas for improvement.
Ideal candidates thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and have a background in leading content and information architecture strategy across an organization. They should excel in change management, leadership, effective communication, problem-solving, coaching, and teamwork skills. They will be both strategic and detail oriented and able to quickly identify concepts and solutions.
For the foreseeable future, EnCompass is using a hybrid work model where most positions are remote with voluntary in-person attendance at the office. The exceptions to this model include scenarios such as if the client requires the role to be in-person. For US-based positions: Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Build out and implement a newly written company-wide knowledge management strategy
- Design and implement a knowledge management framework, including developing processes and protocols for creating and storing information, making it accessible, controlling access, and capturing new knowledge
- Develop a change management roadmap toward more integrated internal systems that feature high adoption from all staff in coordination with staff and executive team
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization's operational business processes and systems by, among others, implementing organizational learning processes and strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems
KM Process and Systems:
- Work effectively across the organization with stakeholders to develop and support new and existing KM platforms, products, features, and services
- Ensure employees have access to important knowledge and information by setting up knowledge channels and ensuring that they remain open and functional
- Create guidelines, standards, and awareness for staff at all levels around KM expectations, roles, and responsibilities; what information is captured; and processes for storing and sharing knowledge and information
- Have primary oversight of Microsoft 365 functionality and The Compass (SharePoint-based internal site), leading efforts to maintain and continually improve a cohesive, user-friendly company-wide intranet in coordination with IT and other teams; engage with other managers to ensure their Compass pages/content is updated no less than quarterly.
- Supervise KM staff as required
- Work with a variety of company leaders from all parts of the company to optimize KM strategy, including executive team, IT, internal learning specialists, project leaders, and operations teams
- Lead, coach, and develop a community of practice of individuals in each unit of the company who serve as KM champions within their unit and across the company
- Work with Talent Management team to develop and provide relevant onboarding, coaching, training, and support to new and existing staff to ensure all staff are well-versed in the KM resources available to them and are following EnCompass KM guidelines
- Coordinate regular knowledge exchanges on program, technical, and operational topics as required
- Monitor progress by leveraging analytics to assess the impact, engagement, functionality, and effectiveness of knowledge management strategy
- Identify ways to improve or transform the current knowledge management framework and processes and advise management accordingly
- Develop/tailor programs and solutions that meet specialized needs of a project/client
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business or social sciences and 10 years’ experience or an advanced degree and 8 years’ experience in related field
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated extensive experience in developing, implementing, and supporting successful institutional knowledge management strategies and organizational learning practices, processes, and policies
- Understanding of and experience in federal contracting, international development, and/or project management; experience with USAID programs
- Ability to work and thrive in an affirmative, strengths-based environment and guide others in working in this type of environment
- Significant experience with Microsoft O365
- Demonstrated success building a trusted advisory relationship with internal or external counterparts, including technical specialists, to assess needs, manage change processes, deliver high quality services, and solve problems?
- Experience advancing work processes across diverse teams in a geographically distributed organization
- Ability to generate enthusiasm; convey a vision, and engage slow adopters or employees struggling with change
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills?
- Problem-solving orientation and ability to manage dynamic workflows and priorities
- Strategic mindset, creating initiatives that support the overall direction of the business
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal & EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision