Technical assistance for (1) Assessment of invasive alien plant species management in Mauritius; and (2) Design and Formulation of a Biodiversity Stewardship Programme through the adoption of an incentive (monetary and non-monetary) tool box to support the Ridge to Reef approaches to management of forests and other natural ecosystems in Mauritius
General description of the position: Lead on the development and implementation of strategies for flora restoration on mainland and other protected islets and contribute to other relevant strategies; Participate in meetings, workshops, and presentations in support of NPCS’s and EU’s conservation priorities; Ensure reporting to EU Delegation and the NPCS, coordinating the team, contributing to the specific technical activities and assuring the quality, timing and comprehensiveness of the assignment’s deliverables.
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience)
- Qualifications and skills required: At least a Master's degree in natural resources management, biological sciences or any related subject
- General professional experience: Minimum 12 years of general professional experience with demonstrated experience working in the invasive plant species management field.
- Specific professional experience: Minimum of 5 years’ specific experience in assessing invasive species control techniques and managing invasive plant species for natural resources management
- Minimum of 5 years’ specific experience delivering training in invasive plant species management including risk assessment • Proven experience working in the related domain in tropical countries
- Knowledge and experience in ecosystem restoration in natural resources management including for biodiversity protection
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating delivery/work plans;
- Experience in the design, planning, implementation, and management of forest conservation and restoration projects;
- A knowledge of and, ideally, experience of implementing, the Open Standardsfor the Practice of Conservation is desirable;
- People management, coaching and capacity building/development skills;
- GIS skills;
- Strong skills in project planning, financing, management, implementation, and evaluation;
- Excellent report writing skills;
Working days: 88