Technical assistance for (1) Assessment of invasive alien plant species management in Mauritius; and (2) Design and Formulation of a Biodiversity Stewardship Programme through the adoption of an incentive (monetary and non-monetary) tool box to support the Ridge to Reef approaches to management of forests and other natural ecosystems in Mauritius
Expert 2 in Environmental Economics or Natural Resource Economics:
- General description of the position: The expert has the responsibility of contributing to the report of the team Leader. contribute to the specific technical activities and assure the quality, timing and comprehensiveness of the assignment’s deliverables.
- Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience)
- Qualifications and skills required: At least a Master's degree in Environmental Economics or related subject
- General professional experience: Minimum 12 years of general professional experience with demonstrated experience working in the environmental economics field.
- Specific professional experience: Minimum of 5 years’ specific experience in devising environmental schemes or financial incentives in forest, natural ecosystem or protected areas management
- Proven experience working in the related domain in tropical countries
- Good knowledge of the CBD • Good communication and report writing skills in English
- Language skills: Good communication and report writing skills in English, both oral and written
- Minimum number of working days: 40 days