The main functions of the Programme Management Intern include:
Assist with roll out of maturity road map for programme management
Support in developing programme management dashboard and administer
Support in documentation management processes to support better information management.
Support in implementation of project and programme management best practices
Support in the harmonization of Programme Management Office templates and roll out
Assist in rolling out of capacity building and training plan on programme management
Support in the design and roll out necessary systems and processes to strengthen programme management
Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Training components and participation in missions
UNOPS highly values interns' contribution and appreciates the importance of learning during an internship. UNOPS thus provides a wealth of opportunities for on-the-job training, studying project-related documents, data analysis and preparation of reports and statistics. UNOPS encourages the intern to raise specific wishes regarding learning opportunities before and during the internship.
The intern will be required to take BSAFE course before arrival and the Department of Safety and Security briefing immediately after arrival. S/he will take the online UN and UNOPS induction courses on arrival. The intern will participate in UNOPS Myanmar’s Induction Training, which comprehensively covers all aspects of UNOPS work in Myanmar. S/he will have access to a large offering of online training on the comprehensive UNOPS intranet and opportunities to communicate with UNOPS HQ, Regional Office, and other country offices.
Terms and Conditions
The intern is responsible for all costs associated with the internship (e.g. accommodation, health insurance, necessary travel arrangements).
UNOPS Myanmar will provide the intern with the following:
A small stipend for those not receiving any funding from other institutions
If mission travel is undertaken, Daily Subsistence Allowance, in accordance with UN policy
At the end of this internship, the successful candidate will have gained:
- Exposure to UNOPS processes and activities;
- Exposure to an international work environment;
- Specific experience in Diversity and Inclusion;
The internship comes with no expectations of future employment with UNOPS as a direct result of the internship. The internship is offered for a period of 6 months. Candidates who are unable to commit to 6 months are requested to not apply.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a university degree such as Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent), or have graduated within three years prior to the application date of the internship.
- The preferred candidate would have a degree or pursuing studies in the areas of development studies, project management, international relations, social science or other related areas.
- Minimum 1 year, in project support, grants management, and/or programme management is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Prior programme management certification is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex environment is an asset.
- Fluency in both English and Myanmar is required.