DT Global works in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative solutions that transform lives. DT Global - launched in 2019 - is built on legacy companies AECOM’s International Development Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries. We bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. Together, we aim to positively impact 500 million lives by 2045
DT Global seeks a highly motivated and experienced individual interested in serving as Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Georgia Green Economy Program. This is expected to be a five-year Program. The purpose of this Program is to support the modernization of high-growth sectors of the Georgian economy that can provide substantial remunerative employment opportunities. Specific focus will be paid to improving the quality and environmental impact of high-growth sectors, in line with Georgia's international commitments regarding climate change and market standards. Priority sectors may include solid waste management, recycling, tourism, light manufacturing, and information communication technology (ICT).
- Serve as principal manager and representative of a large, complex USAID project, with a diverse technical and operational team.
- Provide strong leadership, project vision and planning, ensuring timely and high-quality contract deliverables for USAID.
- Complemented by a strong team of subject matter experts, provide technical leadership to implementation in one or more of the following areas of expertise: private sector engagement for climate change adaptation and mitigation, circular economy development, firm-level competitiveness, access to markets, environmental impact reduction, access to finance, business-enabling environment, and/or workforce development.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID, building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders within USAID, implementing partners, the private sector, national governments, and other development partners within the activity’s diverse ecosystem of actors.
- Hold ultimate responsibility for both the technical quality of the project as well as for its effective financial and operational management leading high-capacity functional and technical teams towards the achievement of activity goals and objectives.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study, such as economics, finance, business administration, environmental studies, government, or another related field is required. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and three additional years of relevant experience is acceptable.
- At least eight years of professional technical experience related to the successful implementation of large and complex development initiatives in one or more of the following areas: economic growth, business-enabling environment, green economic development, etc. is required.
- Technical expertise strengthening one or more of the priority sectors ( solid waste management, recycling, tourism, light manufacturing, or ICT) is preferred.
- Proven leadership in the management of similarly sized international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting is required. USAID experience is strongly preferred.
- Current and proven experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in other relevant development sectors is required.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multi-disciplinary teams are required.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written, is required.
- Relevant work experience in Georgia, the Caucasus, or Eastern Europe is preferred.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.