Role: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Deadline: 7 October 2023
ESDO is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with 8+ years of technical experience conducting humanitarian evaluations. The role will help deliver technical MEL design, manage field data collection, analysis and report drafting on some of the most challenging issues in the humanitarian aid and development sector. The candidate should be highly motivated by working on humanitarian and social justice issues. A broad technical and project track record is required for this role. You can be based anywhwere in the world.
This role will design and deliver all types of MEL projects from the formative to the summative stages. The role responsibilities will include:
Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (90% of time)
- Designing evaluation and research frameworks and Inception Reports
- Creating, coding and producing evaluation, research and monitoring tools – qual and quant
- Designing sampling strategies
- Quality assuring data entry
- Processing, coding, cleaning and normalising data including in relevant software
- Preparing evaluation and research data for thematic analysis, including preparing data tables and curated qualitative data
- Advising on project design to limit confounding factors, bias, spillover and contamination
- Reviewing MEL frameworks
- Helping to manage ESDO’s MEL software suite
- Ensuring MEL projects are intersectional, conflict, disability and gender sensitive
Project Management (10% of time)
- Coordinate MEL projects globally
- Participating in continuous professional development processes
A successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent English business writing skills
- 8+ years of MEL experience
- Experience conducting evaluations in a range of sectors
- Understanding of different evaluation methodologies – DAC, RBM, ROM, CHS
- Please state in your CV which MEL software you have experience using
This is a remote homeworking consultant position and you can be based anywhere in the world.
Working hours are flexible to accommodate candidates with a range of personal circumstances.
The monthly all inclusive fee is EUR2,350.
This position is vacant now.