Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Health, Nutrition, and WASH Lead, Madagascar RFSA
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Health, Nutrition, and WASH Lead for an upcoming resilience food security activity funded by USAID. The program will improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations through multi-year resilience food and nutrition security activities in a to-be-determined region of Madagascar. These activities will work at the individual, household, community, and institutional levels to address the underlying causes of food insecurity and malnutrition and strengthen transformative opportunities.
The Health, Nutrition, and WASH Lead will work closely with the DCOP in leading nutrition specific activities in accordance with global best practice and donor requirements. They participate in strategy, program implementation, program monitoring, and evaluation in relation to integrated nutrition. This includes capacity building and technical assistance to government and community stakeholders. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position will be based in Madagascar.
- Provide technical thought leadership to ensure implementation of nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive strategies and activities
- Implement and plan strategies that ensure integration in program interventions focused on school nutrition, as well as community agriculture and livelihoods
- Design and deliver realistic and pragmatic nutrition strategies and programming interventions that will lead to positive nutritional and health outcomes
- Track and report against nutrition indicators and disaggregate data to analyze results within each target
- Conduct assessments, reviews and audits to assess ways to continually strengthen the focus, quality, and type of interventions
- Develop tools and resources as needed for the Project
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials and conference
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the Project’s nutrition program successes and lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, nutrition, community development, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in planning and implementation of health and nutrition programs.
- Relevant experience integrating nutrition into agriculture and/or market systems development projects and knowledge of nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food systems concepts.
- Proven experience in providing technical expertise to host government institutions and private sector partners from national to sub-district levels for the areas of WASH service provision.
- Excellent written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience working in Madagascar preferred.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Malagasy nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.