Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist, Madagascar RFSA
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist for an upcoming resilience food security activity funded by USAID. The program will improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations through multi-year resilience food and nutrition security activities in a to-be-determined region of Madagascar. These activities will work at the individual, household, community, and institutional levels to address the underlying causes of food insecurity and malnutrition and strengthen transformative opportunities.
The Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist will collaborate to develop a social and behavior change strategy. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position will be based in Madagascar.
- Support project objectives through SBCC strategy, especially related to agriculture, gender issues, value chains/market systems, and nutrition
- Conduct formative research to inform the social and behavior change communication strategy, including but not limited to barrier analysis, market segmentation, identification of existing messaging materials, identifying priority and influencing groups, etc.
- Implement the Social and Behavior Change Communication strategy with project partners and stakeholders
- Provide guidance and support for project staff on how to implement social behavior change communication strategies
- Lead and train project team on how to conduct barrier analyses as a method for identifying behavior change-related messaging for the project
- Work with the ACDI/VOCA Headquarters Social and Behavior Change Specialist and the project M&E team to put in place effective monitoring and evaluation indicators to evaluate the effectiveness SBCC strategies in behavior change
- Develop gender-sensitive messaging and training materials for project activities
- Train Community-based Champions to be role models for changing behaviors and social norms that restrict participation of identified groups
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health communications, or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing community level SBC programs.
- Demonstrated experience in successful management of large, community-based projects and in management of large inter-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying barriers to behavior change and developing sound communication plans that include innovative strategies to address them.
- Familiarity with best practices in social and behavior change communications.
- Excellent written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience working in Madagascar preferred.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Malagasy nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.