Education for Employability (E4E) Budget Support Sector Reform Programme - Mid-term Review
The overall objective of the E4E Budget Support Sector Reform Programme is “more inclusive, equitable and quality education and employment prospects for South African youth”.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the government of South Africa and interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the performance of the Education for Employability (E4E) Budget Support Sector Reform Contract, paying particular attention to its different levels of results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Budget Support Programme(s).
Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Pretoria, in Gauteng Province, in South Africa.
• Qualifications and skills required for the team: The evaluation team must have a minimum of two experts. One expert with at least a Master's degree in humanities, monitoring and evaluation, law, or any other field related to the lot.
• General professional experience of the team: The evaluation team must have a cumulative experience of at least 12 years in the area of evaluation, mostly in but not limited to the field of development cooperation, with solid experience in rigorous evaluation methods and techniques.
• Specific professional experience of the team: The team cumulatively must have: a minimum of 4 completed experiences in managing or evaluating programmes in the field of Education and skills development; a minimum of 2 successfully completed Budget Support Programme(s)- level or strategic evaluations. This includes the capacity to adapt and use quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analysis. Previous experience(s) of working with any of the South African government departments will be considered an asset. Previous experience(s) of evaluating EU funded budget support programmes related to Education and skills development will be considered an asset.
Expert I (CAT. I) working days: 45
Expert II (CAT. II) working days: 40