You are the new Business Development Manager for SCOPEinsight because you are the inspiring leader who is at the forefront of driving innovative sustainable change to the global agricultural sector. With your superpowers you can advise clients on how to integrate the SCOPEinsight solutions into their programs and optimize their results and impact.
As a Business Development Manager, you will enhance agribusinesses’ professionalism in developing and emerging economies by mobilizing, convening, and inspiring existing and new partners to join us in the quest to make a lasting change. It is like driving a movement. You will keep a keen eye on the goals and challenges of our partners and focus on how SCOPEinsight can help them achieve these goals.
About the position
You will join a talented, young, diverse, and highly motivated team, where you’ll play an instrumental role in growing the range of strategic partners and business impact. In your role as a Business Development Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Sales and Business Development (60%): Drive the growth of effective partnerships and meet our ambitious business development targets. Nurturing and promoting strong, long-lasting business development partnerships by understanding the needs of our partners and helping them succeed. As well as building upon and implementing our strategic business plan by expanding the range of stakeholders and partners (NGOs, multilaterals, donors, private sector partners, financial institutions) adopting our approach and up taking our products and services.
- Account management (30%): Provide outstanding support to both existing partners and new prospects and help them understand the benefits and added value that SCOPEinsight brings. Guide our partners to maximize the use of the SCOPE tools and data throughout their programmatic strategy for better impact. Be a champion of SCOPEinsight’s three-pillar value proposition.
- Reporting (10%): Prepare project reports for clients as well as internal sales, revenue and forecasting reports for the management team, providing a realistic data-driven picture, and generate plans to ensure that targets will be met.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate who has an educational background in Business, Economics, International Development/Relations/Cooperation, Political Science or related studies. Next to that we are looking for a candidate with:
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years’ experience, of which at least two in a similar Business Development role;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Excellent proposal writing skills;
- Business development-oriented aptitude, that is both assertive and competitive;
- Experience in project management and adept at establishing and maintaining successful collaborative; relationships, also within a consortium setting;
- Entrepreneurial-minded professional with a growth mindset;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good listener, able to provide partners with strategic solutions rather than simple products;
- Able to forecast short-term results accurately whilst keeping focus on the long-term leads.
- Experience working in developing and emerging economies, particularly sub-Saharan Africa, south-east Asia, Latin America the Caribbean;
- Understand the main international trends in the agricultural development sector and the challenges for all stakeholders;
- knowledge and proficiency in the methods and pain points in capacity building of agribusiness development;
- Relevant network of agricultural value chain players (NGOs, donors, private sector players, and financial institutions) and international organizations already working in developing and emerging markets;
- A work permit to work in the Netherlands;
- Speaking and writing skills (B2/C1) in French and/or Spanish;
- Knowledge of political and economic issues that affect the development of the agricultural sector in developing and emerging economies;
- Knowledge of international development issues and stakeholders.
What you’ll receive from us
- A change to make a global impact and disrupt an industry together with a social, ambitious, innovating and impact-driven team;
- An 8% holiday allowance.
- 25 holidays per year.
- OV train card if you live outside Utrecht.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Company laptop.
- Monthly massage session in the office.
- Free communal lunch.
Why join SCOPEinsight
At SCOPEinsight, we measure and help provide the means to advance the competitiveness of farmer organizations and agri-SMEs in developing countries at scale, creating opportunities for multiple stakeholders across the agricultural sector. For SCOPEinsight the tools are a means to achieve a higher goal, namely catalyze systemic change in agriculture at a global scale.
The main value of our solutions lies in our data and business intelligence insights which our partners rely on to effectively support co-cooperatives and agri-SMEs to run better businesses, and sustainably access markets and finance. Our unique data insights are also used to understand and tackle challenges and reduce risks, leading to more sustainable value chains, a considerable reduction of costs, and more reliable sourcing.
- We are ambitious, and we set the bar high. We want to serve our clients, be a trusted partner, and be innovative.
- You get to join an organization with a clear, forward-looking and development-oriented vision and an identity that underscores everything we do:
- Our belief system: We believe that professionally managed agribusinesses are the key to enhancing sustainability, creating market linkages, and improving farmers’ livelihoods at scale.
- Our ambition: Our ambition is to make a lasting contribution to systemic change in the professionalism of the agricultural sector in developing and emerging economies.
- Our ideal partners: Our ideal partners share our vision and ambition and believe that change is possible if we join forces.
- We are an organization where everyone’s opinion is appreciated and where responsibility is not dependent on your title but on your ability. We believe responsibility leads to growth and will help you accelerate your career even further.
- There is considerable potential to expand our impact with existing and new ecosystem partners.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via this link. Applications will be dealt with on a rolling basis.The application period is expected to close by the 31st of December, 2023.