Team Leader, World Food Programme Evaluation of National Poverty Targeting Programme (NPTP), Lebanon
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is bidding on an evaluation project opportunity with the World Food Programme (WFP), to carry out a decentralized evaluation of WFP’s Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme (NPTP). With an aim of offering social assistance to vulnerable Lebanese families, the NPTP is implemented by the Lebanese Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) and the Lebanese Presidency of the Council of Ministers (PCM).
SI is seeking a Team Leader (TL) consultant to serve on the WFP Lebanon Evaluation of the National Poverty Targeting Programme (NPTP). The TL will supervise the evaluation team members, serving as the evaluation team’s main point of contact to the WFP and ensuring high quality of all project deliverables.
This is a short-term, intermittent consultancy opportunity expected to start in January 2024. These positions are contingent upon the award of the evaluation project to Social Impact.
**Candidates based in Lebanon or with Lebanese citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply. International candidates with Lebanese experience can also be considered**
- Liaise on a regular basis with WFP, SI HQ and other stakeholders involved in the evaluation.
- Manage evaluation and assessment workplans, timelines, budgets, and consultant teams to ensure timely and quality deliverables.
- Direct the evaluation design and work plan development and oversee the data collection and data synthesis efforts.
- Lead data analysis and reporting, delegating and overseeing the work of other evaluation team members as needed.
- Ensure timely submission of all client deliverables.
- Draft, finalize and present the interim/final evaluation report to WFP.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in economics, political science, international development, public administration, statistics, sociology or a related field.
- Over 12 years of progressively responsible professional experience in evaluating humanitarian and/or development programs.
- Experience conducting evaluations with WFP, other UN Agencies, or multilateral organizations.
- At least five previous assignments as a Team Leader
- Prior experience evaluating social protection programs with technical and financial mechanisms (e.g., e-card and cash assistance; food parcel distribution; etc.) required.
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and collection.
- Excellent knowledge of STATA or other similar statistical analysis software.
- Proven strong leadership and team-work skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken Arabic required.
- Previous evaluation experience in Lebanon or the Middle East is strongly desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.