Pact seeks an Intern to support expanding our work with corporate and foundation funders based on Pact’s ability to understand community needs, convene the right stakeholders, and implement and scale solutions in country. The Intern will research the potential for Pact’s engagement with both companies and communities to help identify and develop impactful and sustainable solutions to local issues. The Intern will work with the team to research various foundations and corporations and their priorities, activities and plans in international development. They will support knowledge management activities by maintaining databases and information platforms. They may also be asked to help develop various external- and internal-facing communications products.
The primary technical focus for this role will be on Pact’s program areas which includes livelihoods, energy, mining, and natural resource management, health, governance, and local capacity building.
- Conduct research on corporations, foundations, and potential partners related to their development priorities and objectives, corporate social responsibility and environment, social and governance objectives, and alignment with Pact’s strategic road map
- Monitor trends and business intelligence across Pact’s technical sectors, to help identify sector-specific and cross-cutting opportunities for partnership
- Maintain relationship management and organizational databases (Salesforce) and develop a set of recommendations to address data quality issues and information gaps
- Contribute to reports, and communications products such as blogs, fact sheets, and presentations.
- Help organize events and meetings
- Other tasks as needed an upon request
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year experience (combination of relevant internships is applicable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including quickly researching and synthesizing unfamiliar topics
- Critical thinker with a can-do approach to problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple initiative at the same time and manage priorities
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in proposal development
- Experience or studies in corporate social responsibility and shared value partnerships