EURO-FUNDING Multilateral Projects, S.L. is looking for a Clean Energy Market Expert for the following EBRD financed project: Development of a joint regional energy market post-trade framework in Southern and Eastern Europe
The overall objective of the project is to support the regional integration of the organised energy markets in Southern and Eastern Europe via the creation of connectivity among the local energy market post-trade infrastructures, which will facilitate the energy transition by focusing on low carbon energy trading. The specific objectives are (1) to review and consolidate the various initiatives on energy trading in the region (2) prepare the concept of an optimal joint regional energy market post-trade framework, which includes specific design solution for the energy transition. This is expected to facilitate the trading of low carbon energy and exclude the trading of energy products, which are not in line with the implementation of Paris Agreement (3) to assess its feasibility and acceptance and (4) to prepare an implementation roadmap and (5) to consolidate consensus among stakeholders on the roadmap.
The selected expert will have the following qualifications:
- Proven knowledge of clean energy and carbon trading markets and demonstrated expertise in trading low carbon energy commodities;
- At least 7 years’ Consultancy experience related to energy trading projects, especially on-exchange energy trading or post-trading related projects, infrastructure and cross-border links;
- At least 5 years of experience that relates to scoping and design of cross-border energy trading across different countries and market participants preferably in developing markets;
- Proven knowledge of the setting up new markets such as Carbon markets, hydrogen or other low carbon renewable energy would be a strong advantage;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English language.
The candidate will be evaluated as follows:
a. General Qualifications
b. Specific Technical Experience
c. Specific Geographical Experience
d. Language Skills
- The candidate must be independent and free from conflict of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- Expected start date of the project: Q3 2022, with a duration of 8 months.
- The consultancy can be home-based, but preference will be given to candidates with experience in Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and/or Ukraine
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV in English, highlighting the above-mentioned qualifications, to Khrystyna Rachynska: firstname.lastname@example.org