ME&A is seeking a Proposal Writer to aid in proposal development and support the project management team for a range of international development projects funded by USAID, the US Department of State, and other donor organizations. This position is a senior level position within the ME&A Proposal Development Unit reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer. The ideal candidate will serve as a resource for ME&A Business Development needs across practices, participating in pipeline development, leading technical capture and technical volume development on assigned proposals, and supporting quality assurance and editing across proposals and program reports. ME&A specializes in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; water resources and climate; democracy and governance; economic growth; and human and institutional capacity development.
- Serve as the lead writer, primarily responsible for the strategic, compelling, and responsive presentation of assigned technical proposals, ensuring cohesion across subsections;
- Review and integrate all background materials to ensure that the technical proposal is compliant and reflects all technical and formatting requirements
- Participate in technical outlining, storyboarding, and design meetings;
- Hold one-on-one discussions with internal and consultant technical contributors;
- Provide clear, complete, and timely instructions and feedback to technical input contributors and review, revise, edit, and improve the quality and responsiveness of their contributions;
- Participate in technical reviews and incorporate feedback in a timely manner.
- Provide revisions to other sections of proposals and participate in staffing and cost proposal discussions related to the technical design to ensure alignment;
- Participate in the identification and selection of partners;
- Travel to the field to research and prepare proposals as needed and mutually agreed;
- Participate with the teams in meetings with potential proposal candidates and partners;
- Mentor ME&A staff in best practices for writing proposals and work with the proposal team to develop effective and efficient proposal management and writing practices and procedures; and
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in International Development, Communications, Journalism, or a similar field
- At least 5 years of related experience in proposal writing and management.
- Experience writing successful USAID proposals
- Strong prior experience managing or coordinating proposals for USAID solicitations is preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID programming and technical requirements
- Excellent technical writing, editing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize knowledge (inputs) into high quality proposal outputs
- Ability to successful collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email email@example.com.
Interested candidates must apply online at https://meandahq.isolvedhire.com/ with a copy of resume, writing sample, and a cover letter indicating the reference number.