Location: Based in Baghdad or Erbil, Iraq, with business travel across Iraq (expected 30% of time)
Reporting Manager: Programme Director
Start date: 30th of December 2022, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Duration: 12 months, renewable
Remuneration: $3,600 – $4,700 per month, depending on level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specializes in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. We implement programmes across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, using the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and the private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
MAGENTA’s Middle East team operates across Jordan, Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon and the UAE on a range of projects that include research, strategy development, SBC intervention implementation, and evaluation.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact and who thrive in fast-paced environment. In return, we offer a strong mentoring and exceptional growth possibilities within an expanding team.
Primary responsibilities of Campaign Managers are the following (1) Designing, implementing and monitoring successful Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) campaigns, (2) Business development, (3) Knowledge management.
The Campaign Manager will work on two to three nationwide SBC campaigns across Iraq. Typical tasks include:
Campaign design, implementation and monitoring
- Lead ideation and creative development process, working closely with Creative teams
- Lead the development of original thought provoking communications content, rooted in evidence,
- Lead campaign kick-off phase, including resourcing, development of workplans and M&E frameworks
- Provide oversight, management and coordination of all communications campaigns implemented by MAGENTA in Iraq
- Function as the primary contact for clients and stakeholders
- Liaise with relevant government stakeholders
- Organize participatory creative workshops and sprint sessions with stakeholders (CSOs, Youth, government partners, etc.)
- Manage campaign budget (including media budget), deliverable, KPIs and campaign reviews; the Campaign Manager will hold ultimate responsibility for delivery against contractual requirements, ensuring they are on time, to budget and delivered strategically
- Build and lead creative and communications team
- Oversee the coordination of project partners, including consultants, production houses, media and civil society
- Oversee effective media planning and buying (traditional and social media), ensuring best campaign coverage across Iraq
- Monitor campaigns across all channels and adjust content/implementation as needed to achieve campaign’s objectives
- Identify and engage key influencers to champion MAGENTA’s SBC campaigns in Iraq
- Manage project logistics and administrative tasks, including cost tracking, archiving documents, etc.
- Contribute to proposal preparation and submission, especially strategic communications campaigns
- Prepare and conduct client presentations
- Support in identifying business development opportunities in Iraq
- Build robust partnerships with media, production houses, creative and civil society in Iraq
- Contribute to MAGENTA thought leadership by participating to event, writing content, etc.
- Contribute to MAGENTA’s databases, including past performance records, contact lists, partner testimonials, meeting notes, etc;
- Develop project case studies for marketing and program development purposes;
- Contribute to the MAGENTA Academy by developing regular internal presentation on behavioural sciences theories and models.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- Relevant degree from a top tier university required; Masters preferred
- 5 to 7 years professional experience in strategic communications, social and behaviour change or marketing, including at least 3 years managing complex campaigns in Iraq;
- Substantial knowledge of the international development and/or humanitarian system, institution and donors, and of compliance requirements;
- Robust experience in designing, operationalising, implementing and monitoring complex strategic communications campaigns;
- Experience in liaising with government stakeholders in Iraq
- Creative thinker, with the ability to develop new ideas tailored to each campaign;
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and successfully with governments, clients, partners and other stakeholders in complex settings;
- In-depth knowledge of Iraq’s media landscape, including influencers
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic, fluency in Kurdish an advantage;
- Technological and software fluency, include Office 365 and HootSuite (or any other social media management software).
- A high-level strategic thinker, with a keen desire to learn and consume new information;
- Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
- Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen and ability to lead commercial negotiations with vendors and partners;
- Demonstrated ability to develop others;
- Excellent communicator able to manage conflicts and develop constructive solutions;
- A service-oriented manager, able to recognise and meet client needs;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
- Willingness to live, work and travel in developing/post-crisis settings;
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
- MAGENTA has a flexible working policy which promotes periods of remote working in the year
MAGENTA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Apply before December 30th 2022. Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation here. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance MAGENTA’s work.