Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is accepting applications for Trade Facilitation Lead for an anticipated USAID Georgia Agricultural Trade Program. The purpose of the USAID/Georgia Agricultural Trade Program is to strengthen Georgia’s capacity to export sustainability to high-value markets. The Program will support export diversification, strengthen local agricultural market systems in Georgia, and attract new private investment into the sector. In order to achieve its purpose, this program is expected to address three objectives: 1) Increased market linkages with non-malign markets, with a specific focus on reducing dependence on the Russian market; 2) Improved capacity of agricultural enterprises to access export markets, including compliance with international standards and improving or establishing export-oriented infrastructure for agricultural goods; 3) Strengthened climate-responsive food and agricultural systems.
Period of Performance: 5 Years
- Lead efforts to improve and enhance trade facilitation services in support of increased exports and trade competitiveness in target sectors
- Provide technical expertise to government agencies
- Provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to local partners and stakeholders in areas such as customs and border procedures, trade finance, and regulatory compliance, etc.
- Conduct research and analysis on trade facilitation best practices and their application to the Georgian context
- Collaborate with other project team members to design and implement comprehensive trade facilitation initiatives that are aligned with project objectives and strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, private sector actors, and civil society organizations
- Manage project activities related to trade facilitation, including planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Monitor and evaluate project progress toward trade facilitation goals and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as international trade or economics
- At least five years of experience in trade facilitation, preferably in the context of donor-funded projects or programs
- Strong knowledge of trade policies, regulations, and procedures, including customs and border procedures, trade finance, and regulatory compliance
- Excellent technical and managerial skills, with a track record of designing and implementing effective trade facilitation initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working with SMEs, particularly in the agricultural sector, is a plus
- Experience working with USAID or other international donors is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required, knowledge of Georgian is an asset
To apply please send your Resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the title “Trade and Investment Lead ATP 06/23” in the email subject line.
About the Organization
Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is an international development consulting company aiming to deliver progress to transitional and developing countries. We have hands-on experience in policy elaboration and implementing structural and administrative reforms oriented towards socio-economic prosperity, enabling a good business environment and institutional capacity development. Having sound knowledge of countries in transition, PMCG is building an effective synergy of local and international expertise to support partners on the path of development, bringing global vision and best relevant practices into the local environment. We are primarily working in the regions of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa, with bilateral and multilateral development institutions, such as: USAID, European Commission, World Bank, UNDP, ADB, JICA and others.