Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Commodity Manager, Madagascar RFSA
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Commodity Manager for an upcoming resilience food security activity funded by USAID. The program will improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations through multi-year resilience food and nutrition security activities in a to-be-determined region of Madagascar. These activities will work at the individual, household, community, and institutional levels to address the underlying causes of food insecurity and malnutrition and strengthen transformative opportunities.
The Commodity Manager will lead the commodity management and logistics team responsible for commodity planning, importation, warehousing, distribution, monitoring and oversight, and reporting of commodity management activities. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position will be based in Madagascar.
- Establish quality and reliable infrastructure for the commodity logistics supply chain, including adequate and secure central and remote storage facilities, and cost-effective and reliable transport facilities
- Oversee rehabilitation of storage and transport facilities to establish commodity logistics infrastructure
- Collaborate with the Commodity Management Team to identify and establish transport routes to all distribution points on a year-round basis, including alternate routes which take into consideration seasonal road conditions
- Oversee the development of Standard Operating Procedures to import, receive, store, transport, dispatch, distribute, track, forecast, and report on commodities based on ACDI/VOCA’s Commodity Operations Manual
- Supervise Commodity Management team members’ activities and ensure a high level of coordination and communication between Logistics and other key units including Program Finance and Administration
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support the efficient management of commodities and logistics operations for the project
- Engage local vendors including local transporters, fumigation service providers, etc.
- Ensure that any movement of commodities is properly documented and filed
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, food science, or relevant field is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in managing food commodity supply chains from origin to distribution points.
- Excellent written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to network and collaborate with necessary stakeholders to manage food commodity supply chains.
- Experience working in Madagascar preferred.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Malagasy nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.