Other offices:Vietnam, Rwanda, Cambodia, Bulgaria, Central African Republic, Papua New Guinea, El Salvador, Burkina Faso, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Zambia, Uganda, Spain, Armenia, Colombia, Timor-Leste, Zimbabwe, Cyprus, Turkmenistan, Hong Kong, Mozambique, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bahrain, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Italy, Mali, Algeria, Guinea, Cote d'Ivoire, Tajikistan, Ethiopia, Syria, Mauritania, Gambia, Lebanon, Djibouti, China, Jordan, Burundi, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Georgia, Micronesia, Kuwait, Tanzania, Dem. Rep. Congo, Egypt, Haiti, Malaysia, Senegal, Vanuatu, Mongolia, South Sudan, Morocco, Sudan, Afghanistan, Bolivia, Yemen, Ghana, Libya, Iraq, Australia, Switzerland, UK, Kenya, Tunisia, USA, Uzbekistan, Myanmar, Germany, Philippines, Thailand, North Macedonia, Somalia, Liberia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Ukraine, Nepal, Belgium, Serbia, Slovenia, Azerbaijan, Greece, Turkey, Kosovo
Address: Nibelungengasse 13/4 1010 Vienna
Contact person: Katerina Kratzmann, Head of Office
Phone: 43 1 585 33 22
Awards in: Austria, Belgium, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Sweden
Nr. of employees: 51-200
IOM is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and societies.
As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to:
- Assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management;
- Advance understanding of migration issues;
- Encourage social and economic development through migration;
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM's Strategic Focus:
- To provide secure, reliable, flexible and cost-effective services for persons who require international migration assistance.
- To enhance the humane and orderly management of migration and the effective respect for the human rights of migrants in accordance with international law.
- To offer expert advice, research, technical cooperation and operational assistance to States, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders, in order to build national capacities and facilitate international, regional and bilateral cooperation on migration matters.
- To contribute to the economic and social development of States through research, dialogue, design and implementation of migration-related programmes aimed at maximizing migration's benefits.
- To support States, migrants and communities in addressing the challenges of irregular migration, including through research and analysis into root causes, sharing information and spreading best practices, as well as facilitating development-focused solutions.
No information available
Circumstantial eligible countries
No information available